Tuesday, October 25, 2011

catw practice #2

 Esmin Green, the woman who died in the waiting room of kings county hospital. ''The woman who died in the waiting room'' by Jeneen Interlandi writes about the horrific event that took place in brooklyn's largest psychiatric hospital. Esmin Green collapsed in the waiting room and it took about an hour for any of the staff to realize she was in trouble. the passage says that Esmin Green's death and no one coming to her aid right away is not a surprise and I as well agree with that statement.

 Esmin Green probably did not have any health insurance. In hospitals if you have no insurance you will get no aid it is that simple. A couple of months ago I fractured my ankle, and surgery was required. So when I got to the hospital, I didnt have no insurance. I was not able to get no aid for my fracture, in the E.R room I was told I need insurance just to get a hospital bed. Luckily Brookdale hospital has heath insurance programs so I applied for it and in the same dat I recieved a note saying I have pending health insurance and just for that little piece of paper I was able to receive assistance and a bed.

 It was said that the cause of death was blood clots in her legs. A lot of people have minor conditions that can be easily be treated with medication but cannot afford it. Hopital bills are very expensive, hospitals charge you for the room as well. Only thousands of beds for millions of people. In Esmin Green's case she had to be one of the million with no insurance.

 So we see that reading this passage showed me that her death possibly could have been avioded. It is obvious that she was not insured. Nurses and doctors would have came to her aid immediatly if she was insured.Knowing that their going to get paid for this patient. Its a shame that their is a price on health in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment